Rental Tips for Tenants
Seven Tips For Tenants…
A Real Estate Solutions Tamworth Checklist On How To Get That Rental Home you desire!
You have seen the PERFECT rental property along with 15 other people at the inspection! So what are agents checking when they’re looking for a tenant?
Here’s our 7 simple tips to Help Get That Rental Home.
- Good agents start ‘interviewing’ you for a property prior to you even submitting an application. They will notice things like whether you remove your shoes, how polite you are and whether you are on-time.
- Organise your rental application prior to attending the property. Within the advertisement, you will find the agent’s details which you can usually select to be directed through to our website. Download the application form or call the agent and request one. Take your ID so photocopies can be arranged, these include; usually Driver’s License, Medicare card, Passport, Photo ID, Birth Certificate, Medicare Card and Bank Card etc. have this ready with the application form.
- Contact your current managing agent to request a copy of your current tenancy ledger and include this in the application form. This will prove that you pay your rent on time without the agent needing to wait to hear from your agent, who may be slower than another applicant’s agent.
- Arrive on-time to the inspection, introduce yourself to the inspecting agent and remove your shoes (even if others aren’t). Often we will receive multiple suitable applications and the landlord of the property will ask us our ‘gut feel’ on who to choose.
- At the end of the inspection (not during because they need to keep an eye on the property), hand in your completed application and say how much you love the property. If there are lovely gardens for eg, express how much you would love to take care of them.
- If there are issues with the property, point them out very politely and ask the agent their opinion on how to get these rectified. The agent will not mind having someone ask about issues, but they may believe that you will be too fussy for the property if you point out every little paint chip. If the agent advises they will get back to you within 24 hours, please wait for this to lapse prior to contacting them. Try not to contact them more than once or twice at most. Again, if you are calling them every half hour, the agent will make a correlation between how you are now and how you might be during this tenancy.
- Pay your first two weeks rent at your first opportunity once you have been approved. You don’t want the owners changing their minds!
If you have further questions call Real Estate Solutions Tamworth Property Management Team on 02 6766 3134 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org