Tamworth Property Management
We are Real Estate agents who specialise in Tamworth Property Management Services in the Tamworth Regional Area. Our experienced Property Management team will work hard to understand your needs and how to best protect your asset and maximise return on your investment.
Property management is more than coordinating tenants and rental payments — it’s about you. A good property manager needs to be able to listen and communicate, as well as be proactive and involved, current and knowledgeable. He or she should also be level headed and resourceful, personable and articulate.
The Managements Services we can offer are intended to ensure you get the best maximum return on your investment and accomplish this as efficiently as possible. We achieve this with effective Marketing of your property and screening of potential tenants, ensuring you are engaged throughout the entire process.
Marketing and Leasing Your Property
- We commence marketing and contact you to discuss any rental rate adjustments or potential improvements to your property as soon as your current tenant provides us notice of their intention to vacate.
- We maximise prospective tenant inquiries using effective and innovative marketing strategies such as high quality photography that we use in all marketing for vacancies at no charge to our clients.
- Full listing of your property on;
- Additional advertising in newspapers if needed.
- An eye-catching signboard on the property (subject to any body corporate or TRC restrictions).
- We don’t hand out keys. Our Leasing Manager or Property Manager’s accompany prospective tenants to vacant properties and also carry out open houses where possible to create a competitive environment for interested tenants. We use an on line registration system that allows us to gauge the interest in your property and schedule the open homes accordingly. These inspections also provide us and our clients with valuable feedback from tenants.
- Your Property Manager will provide you with advice on any improvements needed to achieve both a higher rent and a shorter vacancy period.
- We carry out detailed rental history, personal reference and employer checks before recommending a tenant’s application to you. We always do a national data base search for defaulting tenants and also require at 100 points of identification from the applicant as per the tenancy application form.
- To encourage tenants to apply we provide a maximum 24 hour approval turnaround and, other than where we cannot contact you, we’ll always discuss these applications with you before approving. If you have specific instructions on letting please let us know in advance – for example if you want a shorter lease so you’re able to return to the property.
Starting a Tenancy
- Tenants must pay two weeks rent upon signing of the Lease Agreement.
- Tenants then pay their bond and execute a lease prior to taking the keys. We provide you a full copy of this and the Entry Condition Report with your next monthly statement.
- We offer tenants flexible payment methods to make their life easier, including phone payments, EFT payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arrears are checked every day with reminder correspondence (including emails and SMS to speed things up). Appropriate default notices are sent to the tenant as per the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and unless otherwise directed we advise owners of all major rent defaults.
- We carry out regular Agent Property Inspections and provide you a written report with photos, to ensure things are being looked after properly by the tenant.
- We also report to you on perceived maintenance and act on such matters appropriately as per your instructions. Naturally we’ll call you immediately with any emergency repair issues.
- Please remember – all landlords should have insurance for their property, both for their own contents (even in apartments many items are not covered by the body corporate), building and liability. Ask us if you’d like more information.
Payments to You
- Your rental income is held in our audited Trust Account.
- We do prompt, end of month payments always on the last working day. Your funds are sent direct to your designated financial institution.
- Your end of month summary statement is emailed the same day. We also provide end of financial year summaries upon request.
- Tenants are able to log maintenance issues with us 24 hours a day, seven days a week via our website, and we provide them an after hours contact number for emergency repairs.
- We will contact our owners with major maintenance items and if we can’t reach you within a reasonable time will spend up to $250.00 as per the management agreement. Please be aware that if emergency repairs are needed we’ll organise them urgently as per the Lease Agreement.
- All contractors used in works on your property have provided us with their licenses and insurance as necessary. We only use tradespeople with a proven track record and regularly check their prices through quotes. Naturally we can use your instructed contractor and will always obtain quotes on larger items.
Communication During the Tenancy
- We carry out lease renewal consultation and rental review proposals with the owner in each case. Keeping you informed on market trends ensures together we can maximise the return on your investment.
- We also work to ensure we retain quality tenants and report on their ability to look after your asset and make recommendations in each report.
- We keep you informed at every opportunity and find emails a highly efficient way to keep in touch. We’ll always return all calls as soon as possible and guarantee to do so within 24 hours.
- We welcome your attendance on our Agent Property Inspections and can arrange access at other times with seven days written notice to the tenant.
Completing a Tenancy
- Detailed exit inspections are done with tenants with reference back to the Entry Condition Report, and our duty to the owner is a paramount consideration.
- If a tenancy is terminated due to a tenant breach we follow the strict NSW State Government Residential Tenancies Act 2010 procedure, and can, if required due to a bond dispute, attend Tribunal on your behalf to seek recovery of outstanding rent cleaning and maintenance costs not covered by the bond.
- Managing arrears and the condition of the property during the tenancy helps minimise the risk of this. Landlord insurance can also cover you for tenant defaults and malicious damage.
Real Estate Law
- Our property managers, will take care of your investment by engaging in a range of duties that include arranging the correct Bond, collecting rent, addressing tenant issues, carrying out thorough periodic inspections and supplying comprehensive reports.
- We have a comprehensive working knowledge of state and federal laws in Australian pertaining to real estate, and we are happy to answer any questions that you or your tenants may have throughout the entire process.
- We’d love to assist with the sale of your property or to simply give you advice on its current market value with a complimentary Comparative Market Analysis. To have us carry this out for you go to Sale Price Estimate. Visit our Sellers page to learn more about our service.
- A property valuation from a registered valuer will be useful if you’re looking to refinance. We’re happy to arrange for you.
- Our management fee varies depending on circumstances please contact our office as we are competitive and will attempt to match or better your best quote to date, if supplied in writing.
- There’s no cost for organising usual maintenance. We can assist with substantial renovations and refurbishments by negotiation.
- A full outline of our fees will be explained in detail when you contact us so you can make a valued decision on our competitiveness.
Make sure you read the main Landlords page for further info and if you’re happy for us to help with your investment property please call our Dealer Principle & Licensee Merridee Watson on (02) 6766 3134 or 0407 394 131, Contact us.